INCK – SUPPLIERS CODE OF CONDUCT
Our Supplier Code of Conduct sets out the minimum behaviours, standards and practices we expect to see from our Suppliers, all of which are based on our own code of conduct, policies and standards. Please note that where national and other applicable laws and the Supplier’s code of conduct address the same issue, the provision that is the highest workplace standard will apply. Further, where the Supplier’s code of conduct is in contradiction with the applicable law, the applicable law shall apply.
Legal Requirements: We expect our suppliers to act in full compliance with the law. Our suppliers shall abide by all national, local and international laws relating to the management of their businesses. Our suppliers shall comply with applicable customs laws, including those relating to imports and the ban on the shipment of merchandise into the country of import.
Product Safety Requirements: Our suppliers must strictly comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the safety of the products they manufacture and sell. Our suppliers must meet all applicable recognized voluntary industry standards for supplier products and processes.
Employment Requirements & Responsibilities: We expect our suppliers to provide fair and legal working conditions, and to comply with all applicable wage, work hours, hiring, benefits and overtime laws and regulations.
- Abuse of Labour : The use of forced labour by our suppliers is strictly prohibited. We expect our suppliers to treat their employees with respect at all times, and not to engage in any kind of corporal punishment, physical or psychological harassment or any other kind of abuse.
- Child Labour : The use of child labour is strictly prohibited. We expect our suppliers to comply with all minimum age provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
- Discrimination: We expect our suppliers to share our commitment to fairness. Our suppliers may not practice discrimination in hiring and employment practices on the basis of race, age, nationality, gender, religion, ethnic origin or disability.
- Freedom of Association : We expect our suppliers to respect and recognize the right of each employee to negotiate collectively, to create or join the union organization of their choice and without penalty, discrimination or harassment.
- Working Hours & Conditions: In relation to working hours and overtime, our suppliers must comply with the limits set by the laws of the country of manufacture. We expect our suppliers to abide by all applicable laws and regulations to ensure a safe, healthy and secure workplace. Proper lighting, ventilation, sanitation and fire safety protections will be provided.
- Wages & benefits: Our suppliers must, at a minimum, pay regular wages and overtime at the legal rate imposed by the country of original manufacture and provide workers with all the benefits they are legally entitled to. Deductions from wages are not to be made for disciplinary purposes.
- Environmental Requirements & Responsibilities: We expect our suppliers to share our commitment to a clean and safe environment, and to abide by all applicable environmental laws and regulations.. We request from our suppliers any environmental certifications required and information on the specific materials used in the manufacturing of their products. We show preference for suppliers who manufacture products free from hazardous ingredients and those not sourced from environmentally sensitive regions. We strive to work with suppliers that manage their energy, water, and waste systems for maximum efficiency and minimal adverse impact on the environment.
- Sub-contractors & Sources: We require all businesses that work for Inck, as subcontractors, manufacturers or sources of goods to comply with the supplier code of conduct. It is the responsibility of our direct suppliers to implement internal procedures to ensure compliance procedures are upheld.
- Inspection & Audit : Inck reserves the right to conduct compliance audits at any time without notice. Our supplies are required to keep records to prove compliance with this code of conduct, and to supply any necessary access or information required to ensure these principles are adhered to. They shall agree to improve and correct any deficiency discovered, and understand that any breach of conduct by our suppliers or their subcontractors will result in a review and possible termination of the business relationship.
In line with our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy, safety is an intrinsic part of our products’ quality and value. From design to delivery, our commitment to applying the highest standards of safety, is woven into the DNA of everything we do. We comply with all applicable product safety laws and regulations, and meet applicable recognised voluntary industry standards for all our products and processes.
Inck is a member of APPA (The Australian Promotional Products Association) and is bound by the APPA Code of Conduct and APPA Constitution. 90% of complaints APPA receives are from companies who have bought promotional products from a NON-APPA member.
Factory & Supplier Audits: Factory selection process can be very high risk. Prior to placing any order it is recommended that we conduct a factory or supplier audit. These audits provide you with a detailed analysis of the condition, strengths and weaknesses of the supplier. We provide a range of audit services as listed below:
- Manufacturer & Supplier Audits
- Social Compliance Audits
- Factory Production Control
- Environmental Audits
- Building Safety & Structural Audits
- C-TPAT Audits
Inspections: Our inspection criteria is based on current regulations and our procurement team’s years of experience, helping ensure that your branded merchandise meets all quality, safety and compliance standards and upholds the reputation of your brand.
- We conduct DUPRO (during production) and FRI (final random inspection) based on AQL standards on 100% of our orders.
- Where applicable, we conduct independent product testing through our partners SGS and Bureau Veritas. Due to the broad scope of available branded merchandise, different product test apply.
Testing: We offer lab testing and certification in a number of product categories which include hardlines, softlines, promotional items, toys. textiles, food contact and more. Lab tests include:
- Physical/Mechanical testing
- Chemical testing for lead, heavy metals and phthalates
- Flammability testing (wearing apparel & hardlines)
- Indirect food additives/food simulating solvent extractives
- Reliability, comparative, and destructive testing
- Phthalates Testing
- AS/NZ 8124 Toys Testing
- Performance evaluations
- Component and raw materials testing
- Toxicological Risk Assessments (TRA) and LHAMA Evaluations
- Packaging and labeling evaluations
- Regulatory testing, including CPSIA, REACH, RoHS, ASTM, FDA, and more.
Transparency: Our commitment to safety isn’t just about mandatory testing and supplier audits – It is about taking responsibility. We work closely across the supply chain, allowing us to maintain full transparency and ensure safe and ethical working practices.
- Your products are sourced from ISO 9001 certified suppliers who have strictly controlled working procedures.
- We work to specific international standards and have strong expertise with Sedex and Amforo. We have full transparency of who we are working with and the working conditions and openly share this transparency with our customers.
Insurance: Inck’s clients are protected by $20 million worth of insurance (just in case.)